CAREERS: SOFTWARE ENGINEER
Are you an experienced software engineer with an entrepreneurial spirit? Do you want to use your technical skills to make a difference? Do you have a passion for the startup community in Upstate New York?
If so, you may be our next Software Engineer.
You became an engineer because you believed in the transformative power of technology and wanted to make a difference. At Peanut Butter, we look to technology as the transformative engine of tackling student debt. We are looking for driven and talented engineers to join our team and drive growth for our student loan assistance programs.
As a Software Engineer, you will join our development team and assist our product team in enhancing our existing application. Driven by Rails, our main application services both employers and employees. Employees use the app to manage and check progress on their student loans; Employers engage with and manage their benefits plans. On our team, you’ll be directly developing features to enable both employers and employees to gain value from our platform.
Here’s who we are:
- An award-winning B2B SaaS provider of student loan assistance solutions
- Revolutionizing employee benefits
- Working together to solve America’s $1.5T student debt crisis
- Teaming up with some of the most forward-thinking companies in the U.S.
- Fast-growing startup that doesn’t just value your opinions—we expect them
- A fun team of fresh thinkers, movers, and doers
- Believers in balancing hard work with good vibes
- Interested in your positive energy and strong work ethic
- Excited to hear from you!
Our development ecosystem:
- Ruby on Rails
- Google Cloud Platform
- Ownership of features from estimation to production delivery
- Monitoring and review of new and existing features to ensure proper functionality and adherence to SLAs
- Provide production support to internal and external customers
- Attention to detail – able to understand given requirements and find gaps where they exist and offer solutions for their resolution
- Commitment to customer experience and code quality
Here’s what you’ll need:
- B.S. or M.S. in Computer Science or similar field
- 2+ years of software engineering experience
- Experience with one or more object oriented language, such as Java or Ruby
- Demonstrated ability building production level web applications
- Familiarity working in an agile environment
- Understanding and experience with testing methodologies
- To be entrepreneurial, driven, and passionate
- Excellent attention to detail
- Enthusiasm for conquering the unknown
- Sincerity, empathy, and kindness
Bucks and bennies:
- Competitive salary
- Health insurance
- START-UP NY tax break: NYS tax exemption from every paycheck
- Contributions each month toward your qualifying student loan
- Sweeping views of the city from our brand-new office at Seneca One Tower
- Free coffee, tea, snacks, weekly happy hour and more
- Endless opportunities to network with growth-oriented 43North community members
To apply, please email your resume and a brief description of your interests/qualifications to firstname.lastname@example.org.