CAREERS: SALES DEVELOPMENT REPRESENTATIVE
Sales Development Representative
Are you an experienced inside sales professional with an entrepreneurial spirit? Can you gain interest from business leaders and support them in purchasing a new software solution? Do you have a passion for the startup community in Upstate New York?
If so, you may be our next Sales Development Representative.
Peanut Butter is looking for a highly motivated, outgoing, and tech savvy Sales Development Representative with strong business acumen to join our sales development team.
As a Sales Development Representative, you will generate new business for the sales team by engaging with and qualifying leads and supporting prospective new clients in their decision-making process.
Here’s who we are:
- An award-winning B2B SaaS provider of student loan assistance solutions
- Revolutionizing employee benefits
- Working together to solve America’s $1.5T student debt crisis
- Teaming up with some of the most forward-thinking companies in the U.S.
- Fast-growing startup that doesn’t just value your opinions—we expect them
- A fun team of fresh thinkers, movers, and doers
- Believers in balancing hard work with good vibes
- Interested in your positive energy and strong work ethic
- Excited to hear from you!
In general you will:
- Work closely with our CEO to qualify and close new business.
- Make cold calls, send emails and follow-up to set appointments.
- Drive client acquisition and revenue growth by selling comprehensive Student Loan Assistance programs that engage talent with Student Loan Repayment.
- Capitalize on established pipeline of sales qualified leads and qualified opportunities
- Set appointments with prospects, assess their needs, and understand their buying process
- Map and navigate prospect organizations in order to align on the value of Student Loan Assistance, to build consensus, and qualify opportunities
- Deliver presentations, follow-up with prospects, prepare and submit proposals, and negotiate contracts
- Leverage market insights and relationships to target new prospects and generate sales qualified leads
- Work with Marketing and the CEO to cultivate deal flow through channel partnerships including brokers, payroll companies, benefit providers, associations, and others
In the first month, you will:
- Leverage Peanut Butter’s Sales Toolkit to gain a broader understanding of our products and how your role fits into the organization.
- Partner with the CEO to define key success metrics for your role and how you will measure against them.
- Begin developing familiarity with our business, platform, and applications, as well as our company’s key metrics.
- Begin receiving inbound leads and setting appointments with employers that have previously expressed interest in student loan assistance.
- Make first contact with potential clients by cold-calling and using persistence and creativity to get past gatekeepers.
Within 3 months, you will:
- Create a professional and engaging first impression with our prospects.
- Thoroughly qualify inbound leads, requalify prospects, and begin outbound prospecting.
- Prioritize leads and position relevant product features to solve business needs.
- Run initial discovery calls to identify customer requirements and expectations in order to make tailored product recommendations.
- Manage follow-up with calls-to-action to consistently build a sales pipeline.
- Meet activity and pipeline goals on a monthly basis.
- Consistently contact new leads with a sense of urgency and master clearing out your queue.
Within 6 months, you will:
- Consistently achieve your opportunity and revenue targets.
- Become an expert in all things Student Loan Assistance
- Have mastered the uses cases of successful customers across different verticals and sophistication.
- Consistently reflect on your own skill and development gaps along with your manager to identify personal and professional coaching areas.
- Step up as a leader in the sales organization by mentoring new hires.
Within 12 months, you will…
- Have mastered the necessary skills needed to work a consistent outbound and inbound funnel, including time management, sense of urgency, and prioritization.
- Be a leader on the floor by sharing best practices and ways that you have been successful as an CSA.
- Ready yourself for the Account Executive role, where you will continue qualifying opportunities and drive deals through to closure.
Here’s what you’ll need:
- Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing, communications, related field, or equivalent experience
- Proven success in a relevant sales role – client facing, consulting, or marketing
- Drive to succeed and ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Proficiency in time management, setting priorities, and taking initiative
- Track record of overachieving against defined metrics
- Exceptional organizational, presentation, and communication skills – phone, email, and webinar
- Technical expertise and ability to acquire knowledge of new products
- Ability to understand and apply effective business development strategies and techniques
- A passion for building new business
- Experience working with Salesforce.com or other CRM platform
- Willingness to work in a collaborative work environment
- SaaS experience is a plus, but not required
Bucks and bennies:
- Base Salary and competitive incentive compensation
- Health insurance
- START-UP NY tax break: NYS tax exemption from every paycheck
- Contributions each month toward your qualifying student loan
- Sweeping views of the city from our brand-new office at Seneca One Tower
- Free coffee, tea, snacks, weekly happy hour and more
- Endless opportunities to network with growth-oriented 43North community members