CAREERS: SOFTWARE ENGINEER
Peanut Butter’s helps employers attract, retain, and engage college-educated talent by providing employees with the resources to manage their student loans and making it easy for companies to contribute to the repayment of student debt. We are seeking an experienced software engineer to join our team.
- Support: Jira, Mailchimp, Mailgun, Salesforce.com, WordPress, Zendesk, Dialpad, Zoom, CircleCI.
- Integrations: Yodlee, ADP Marketplace, Credible, Lendkey.
- Own features from estimation to production delivery.
- Monitor and review new and existing features to ensure proper functionality and adherence to SLAs.
- Provide production support to internal and external customers.
- Find gaps where they exist and offer solutions for their resolution.
- Maintain strict focus on customer experience and code quality.
- Conduct quality assurance processes, integration, and system tests.
- Monitor performance profiling tools and procedures.
- Maintain network security.
- Maintain disaster and emergency recovery plans.
- B.S. or M.S. in Computer Science or related.
- Rails experience is strongly preferred.
- Highly technical. A strong foundation in CS principles. A demonstrated ability to handle technical design and project/feature completion on time and with high quality.
- Experience with one or more object-oriented language like Java or Ruby.
- Demonstrated ability building production level web applications.
- Familiarity working in an agile environment.
- Understanding and experience with testing methodologies.
- Experience architecting, designing and developing complex applications and services.
- Ability to perform individual and as part of a team.
- Creative analytical skills. Ability to debug and troubleshoot systems and services without preexisting knowledge of said systems and service.
- A passion for developing applications and ensuring quality from customer experience to code.
Bucks and Bennies:
- Competitive salary.
- Health insurance.
- START-UP NY tax break: NYS tax exemption from every paycheck.
- Contributions each month toward your qualifying student loan.
- Sweeping views of the city from our office at Seneca One Tower.
- Free coffee, tea, snacks, weekly happy hour and more (at our office, once covid restrictions are lifted).
- Endless opportunities to network with growth-oriented 43North community members.
- Option to work remotely.